Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscars Part X

It past the halfway mark (give or take), and I feel liveblogging (or kind of blogging live) helps keep me more interested and focused. It also limits the amount of crying, yelling, and cursing, most years there's a lot more of that, but I don't want to break the new laptop.

And we're back with Naomi Watts and Robert Downey Jr.. I kind of totally have the hots for him, and I like it when he pokes fun at his own druggy past. Naomi Watts dress would look better if she just ripped her damn sleeves off and threw them in the trash along with the hideous sash. Apparently she is going to the awesome 80's prom oscar party with Lisa Ling later. Visual F/X goes to some pirates. Let's all give a big round of, "AAAaaaarrrrrggghhh's!" I love it when they talk to small children at home.

Katherine Denueve, and Ken Watanabe (yes I had to IMDB them, but I was actually right before I checked) come on out to show us a film about films in other languages. Cate Blanchett and Clive Owen come out to gibe the award. Best Foreign Film goes to "The Lives of Others" which I really, really want to see, and the Germans go wild over something other then David Hasselhoff. Plus the director or the producer or whoever accepts hugs Guillermo del Toro which I find really sweet. This explains the whole slam of awards for "Pan's Labyrinth" earlier--it wasn't going to give it best foreign film.

Ellen does shadow puppets on the really big screen and gets attacked by the dancers who turn into something creepy that eats her and becomse the logo for "Snakes on a Plane." "They're naked," comedy gold.

Clooney in a tux, reasons why the Oscars are always worth watching (can I get a hell yeah Jenny?". Supporting Actress goes to ummm, Jennifer Hudson. No, I am shocked I tell you shocked! Who would have seen this coming? Really who? Holy Jesus are the tears coming. She can't even talk. (Although again with all the hair on one side! Why is this a look?). Now that she has pulled herself together her speech is veering toward LL. Also, I would've made George help me all the way off stage. He would be taking my arm.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

Awesome!!!!!!