Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Awesome Surprise Mini Wedding

That is what I did last night. I found out after work around 4:00pm that my friends Anna and Branson (they went to U of Idaho with me) were getting married last night around 11:00pm at their big artist commune loft/performance space/secret residence.

That sounds way crazier than it sounds. But they are having their wedding in Idaho (where they are both from) over Father's Day weekend, but they didn't want Idaho to get the license money for making it legal (Idaho hates gays and well women and poor people etc), so they were going to get legally married here before it all. So then they decided Sunday night to make it a thing and invite people since they live in a crazy big commercial space with a nice clear large performance area (mostly stand up and sketch). However the bride is in rehearsal after her regular day at work, so wedding time was 11:00pm ish.

I headed over late late at night. There were rose petals on the floor, candles, wine, PBR in the hands of the Bride and Groom, a group of ragtag friends some dressed wedding ish most dressed for the hot hot night in the non-air-conditioned space. Somebody fired up the laptop so we had pre-ceremony music, music for toasting, and music for dancing. A bouquet of ribbon was tossed. It was lovely and small and close and fun and funky just like they are, and I think it was a great great night and I can't wait until we travel to Boise for the big version of their wedding.

Click here to see my photo of their first dance last night. To Adele's cover of Bob Dylan's To Make You Feel My Love.

No comments: