Monday, October 04, 2010

New thought

Well I just turned in two quilt tops and backs to be quilted and finished making the bias tape for their binding this weekend. Which is good because I may have to drop everything and sew like a madwoman to get them finished as soon as I get them back.

BUT that means I am sort of at a now what stage in quilting. I do have a kit that needs to be tackled, but I think I should wait until I have a little more technique under my belt so I don't eff it all up especially since it is in out of print collectible fabrics. I need to start the front and back of Kathy's quilt, so I guess that is what I will do, but that will require a trip to the fabric store which may have to wait a week.

Although I did have a genius idea. Last year I was going to NANOWRIMO a novel in a month and barely made it 1/5 of the way to my goal. This year, 2010 is going to be quilt top in a month. I will start work on one side of Kathy's quilt now, but the other will go from pre-purchased pattern to quilt top in November. I will buy all the fabric, cut it all out, and sew it all up by the end of November. Then I can finish the other portion in December/January and be ready to bind it by March.

Boy is quilting a long term project.

No comments: