Thursday, February 10, 2011

Up and Coming

I always feel like I have many up and coming projects that succumb to the Tivo. Because I love me some tv watching. I love it. Love it. But it diminishes some other returns. I need to get a sewing machine out in the room I just need too the end.

I keep meaning to rearrange the apartment furniture but I don't think Sam will go for the big one I want.

Our main non-bedroom/kitchen/bathroom living space is a big "L" shape. The long bit of the L is carpeted and the short bit which goes into the entryway is floating wood floored.

Right now that means dining room on the wood bit (with a table, a credenza, and a bookcase) and living room/desk space/giant piano on the carpet. Obviously the piano takes up half of the carpet area, and I sneakily tucked the desk in behind it (which I am lobbying to be home of sewing machine out in the open since his giant piano gets to live in the middle of our space my stuff should too--also it is a giant pain in the ass to lug out and smash back into the closet for any project making). The other carpet half is tv and seating area.

What I WANT to do is move the piano into the short bit of the L. Make the dining room the music room if you will. Move the TV into the crook of the L and move the seating around it accordingly and put the dining area BEHIND it, so we could more easily and tidily eat/watch tv. Or really do any project and watch TV (like quilting or what have you) and desk with sewing machine would go back there too making a project area all handy and shiz. It might involve some wacky chair areas, but who cares. It would work so much better for us using more of our space at any given time.

It would however be a MAJOR, MAJOR moving of all of our stuff. All art (painting, photography EVERYTHING) would have to come off the wall and go back up somewhere else. Rewiring/plugging in/using all the many many many many things with cables that are connected to the TV would be another MAJOR chore as would getting the cable cables out from under the carpet.

So this might be a little pie in the sky. In other news I just want to swap some couches and chairs and wiggle the desk to a better tv watching while sewing behind the piano business place.

No comments: