Saturday, August 20, 2011

Scared Straight

Well, not straight exactly. Just scared. Scared because wedding planning officially commenced yesterday evening with an email to our preferred venue and an email to the wedding planner I thought we were going to hire like 18 months ago when I thought I was really wedding planning. SO, basically that means very soon we will have a date and then we will have to get married. Not that I am opposed to getting married, but it seems I am very trepidatious of all the wedding hullabaloo that goes into the planning. It is very very stressful.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Just get that planner to do all the stuff you don't wanna do and sit back and relax. Don't try to plan the perfect wedding, just shoot for the stuff you really want and revel in not having to do much else.

Heather K said...

Thanks guys!

I also got really good advice from a friend here about making sure I understand what things are my responsibility to plan for and what are not. Like I can worry about guest list and catering bills but I need to not feel responsible for planning every detail of every guests trip if they opt to come out to Chicago. I should just throw up a website with fun Chicago ideas and let other people be in charge of themselves. And make sure my mom understands that too.