Thursday, September 20, 2007

First Rehearsal

It is hard for me to be a smart ass without jazz hands.

Now obviously I mean figurative jazz hands. I don't make jazz hand with my actual hands when I am a smart ass, but I do sort of make jazz hands with my voice. I kind of take it up and out, but I am playing a smart ass who serves it way under, and that was a challenge for me in the first rehearsal. Hopefully it will get easier. That was the big thing I came away with at rehearsal, oh and I am playing someone a little more deeply rooted to the earth then I am, but I think I can fix that with appropriate warm-up preparation.

Rehearsal was fun though! All my scenes are with Anna, so it was just us and the director and the learning to be a stage manager. That was it, nice and cozy. Sunday I have my first big rehearsal with other people, you know like a week before I perform for the first time. So that is cool. And a little strange, but whatevs.

My date may have to rain check tonight because he has been very sick, and if he is still sick, then a date would not be all that much fun. Anna said he had to leave work yesterday he was so sick, and apparently he is not one of the people who ever leave work, so yeah. I will wait and hear.

3 comments:

Heather K said...

This just in: date postponed for the weekend. He is still sick.

I am a little bummed, no lie.

Anonymous said...

But he's nice enough to not want to make you sick and interested enough to postpone rather than cancel, so that's good.

Your show sounds like fun. I wish I could come see a few episodes.

Heather K said...

He is very nice, and we are now having a date on Saturday--nice dinner and a movie.

I would love to have you come see an episode or two Sally!