Monday, December 10, 2007

Public transportation and walking

I do so much more of it now that I am dating a boy. I mean I did a little before boy, took the train to and from work, walked to and from pier 1. But new place has much shorter walks in between these places, so the walking is less, and the bus is less because it is a faster street (more lanes and more frequent buses).

Since the boy though, there is walking to the red line and walking to his place. And after an initial few weeks of being very, very bad with the cab taking. I have generally shaped up, and we even don't cab it together if we are eating near his house--although lately that means crowds of Christmas shoppers making me angry.

I may need more books to read, or actually I need to buy a little notebook because I am going to write a trashy romance novel in installments about Jamie (my UI friend/the receptionist at work). I have decided her landlord is in love with her, and in my fictitious world this will play out in a very harlequinn romance formula. It will be awesome. I decided I am going to write them on the bus, and then she can type them up, and it will make us both happy (and yes UI types, Paul is her landlord HA!).

PS I am ridiculous in case that was not formerly known.

7 comments:

Sassy said...

LOL.......... i'd like to read it too :-)

Heather K said...

Sassy--it is possible I could be coaxed to excerpt it onto this blog right here.

Margaret said...

Speaking of your new place, I need your address.

Anonymous said...

I definitely vote for some snippets to find their way here! It seems the soap opera has followed you all to Chicago! Have a wonderful Holiday season! I am tickled pink for you and the boy. Aint love grand?! **HUGS!!**

Heather K said...

Margaret, I will post my new addy on the bitchbarn board.

Thanks Courtney, and to all others the novel is tentatively titled, "Don't Clown Around With Love" much to Jamie's horror.

Anonymous said...

FREAKING HILARIOUS title!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

That title? Is brilliance. The very definition of brilliance. I swear it's true. I looked it up. Says so in Webster's.