Monday, December 03, 2007

Interesting

I met a good number of Sam's friends and coworkers at a party he threw on Friday. I got there while they were already wasted because I was three hours late since I had to work at Pier 1. Sober Heather, blitzed Sam and everyone he knew. I also managed to break something as I walked in creating a large crash (fortunately it was just the box encasing 3 bottles of wine in cute excelsior all decorated gifty). It was a present for the guest of honor who I met as she helped me clean it up. She's one of his best friends. She wanted me to know he is fantastic (I've noticed), later when she was even more intoxicated she kind of threatened to hurt me if I were to do him wrong. That was odd.

Others of his friends scolded me because he had not yet introduced us. I don't think that is my fault. All in all, it was really cool to meet Sam's people. It was interesting to hear their assessment of me. Jess (a fiery red-headed bombshell who works in Sam's office) asked if I was Sam's bitch--much to his horror. It was actually quite funny because I think she was referring to me being his bitch in the style of rap guy's girlfriends not in some other way. They also kept telling me how much he talks about me and how happy he seems to be since we have started dating--which since he apparently was a happy person long before me brings forth other questions (like how do you tell? for one).

I also enjoyed hearing how they speak of him. They like him. He is, it turns out, a good guy and maybe the good guy everyone knows but never seemed to be able to find the right good girl. Plus we seem to have become quite firmly a couple. He was asking me in email today what 'we' should do about New Year's Eve because he is planning on throwing a party at his house, and he is thinking of it as 'our' party. All of this I find kind of lovely.

Oh, and for whoever (Alan?) asked about the car. Toyota 4-runner, early 00's. That is what he drives. He drove me to the train the other morning because it was raining quite hard, and I had left my umbrella at home.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Sounds like you had a great first meeting with a bunch of Sam's friends and coworkers. Despite the threats, breaking glass and being called a "bitch." Wow. Doesn't sound great when I put it like that ... but the boy wants to kiss you on New Year's, so it must be good.

And I just grossed myself out. Nice car. I was the one that asked by the way.

Heather K said...

Jimmers, yeah it can be phrased in such a manner that makes it seem like a bad meeting, but it was not. Everyone seemed pleased and excited to meet me--apparently some people were in fact staying at the party long enough to see/meet me. And next week we do it all again at his company Christmas party. Plus a few more important Sam people at that one and hopefully his plane won't be delayed back from Miami so I won't be a +1 without my +.

Jim said...

It sounds like by the time you're done meeting everyone, you'll have been dating for a year. :)