Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Sick

I am full blown sick now. It isn't awful. I can still function, but it is niggling, constantly a little unpleasant, and I get to play receptionist all day like this, and it is no fun. I also Pier 1'd tonight and will do so tomorrow night as well, and it makes me miss my associate days when I could just call in sick because in fact I am sick, but now I cannot call in. No one can cover for me-not this time of year and not with as few managers as we have on schedule. So I work, and I work some more. However, easy work on Saturday and Sunday and no work on Monday and Tuesday, and I look forward to napping a lot on those days. They were going to be days of fun, but now they look to be days of napping.

Sam, I think, feels bad because he was sick first ergo perhaps he got me sick. But Kathy in my office was way sick too. There was no way I am escaping it. Plus, it seems like Sam and I will be spending more than enough time together in the foreseeable future to keep getting one another sick which is a weirdly happy thought.

5 comments:

-al said...

did you also make out with kathy in your office?

Jim said...

"Plus, it seems like Sam and I will be spending more than enough time together in the foreseeable future to keep getting one another sick which is a weirdly happy thought."

Is this just boyfriend happiness ... or something else?

Also, way to make out with the chick in your office! That's hot.

Anonymous said...

Topless photos or office makeout never happened.

Heather K said...

Just boyfriend hanppiness. The regular boyfriend happiness, unless you know something I don't know?

Jim said...

I know lots of things you don't know. Like, Bruce Banner only became the Hulk because he was trying to protect Rick Jones when the gamma bomb went off. And sometimes my right hearing aid will go out and I think it's broken so I put it away for a few months. Then I put it back in and it works fine.

I don't, however, know anything about your boy.

By the way, caught some footage of the office orgy on the 'net. Mega-awesome!