Friday, September 05, 2008

Coming Soon

Yesterday I did possibly the most hardcore nerd thing I have ever done.  I sat in the rain for two and a half hours to watch a live taping of the National Public Radio show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me: The NPR News Quiz Show."  And when I say rain, I am not fucking around.  It was a freaking torrential downpour.  This was not happy soft misty Pacific Northwest Seattle ass rain.  This was pounding, driving, big, fat drops rain RAIN!  I am talking Noah here.  It was however tons of fun.  The show was great.  These people are hilarious, and you can download it free from itunes starting on Sunday (I think).
 
I stayed relatively dry by covering my seat in the Frank Gehry designed Pritzker Band Shell with an entire volume of our free weekly undergroundy paper The Reader, and I wore a windbreaker and a bright green hooded rain poncho.  My two friends (Chris and Branson) had large umbrellas that helped keep some rain off me.  Basically above the knees I stayed dry excepting my face. 
 
Anyway, more about it this weekend.  Including some digital camera video and a pic or two!

3 comments:

Dropped At Birth said...

how is that nerdy? it's like waiting for tickets for a rock concert or sporting event! well. except that it's for npr.

Anonymous said...

I thought you'd scored tickets to ComiCon or a StarWars Con or some other convention that is so geeky it can't even bring itself to finish the word 'convention'. This is not nerdy. Not by any stretch of the imagination.

Nerdy is dressing up as your favorite Star Trek characters and wandering around the Taste of Chicago while speaking only in Klingon and knowing you're the coolest people in the city because you're fluent in it.

RGC said...

i heard the show. i podcast it every week. i could hear the rain!

i simply liked that they referenced 90210.