Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Fall has shown up, but. . .

I wasn't tired of summer yet.  Usually there have been a couple of heat waves, and I kind of want to die and coolish weather and even rain are welcome.  Maybe not my favorites yet, but still good-ish.  Appreciated.  This year there was no freaking heat wave.  Nothing.  I mean it got kind of toasty for a few weeks, but not really.  And we had like 4 total days of Spring spread out between March and June which is totally a rip off.  I need some spring, not never ending winter.  And now they just glaze over and by summer after two and a half months?  Not OK!  Fall better freaking linger, but sadly it seems we are in for a winter that is just as hard as last years.  And it is already cooling way off.  It was very cold last night, a fact that was hammered home as I crawled into bed all alone since Sam is in Iceland.  Also, Steve McQueen is not a cooperative bedfellow.
 
Although the good thing about Sam being gone is that I can snuggle into his couch and have the TV and the Tivo and the whole place to myself.  It is wonderful, refreshing, and just what I needed.  And I really don't mind until he doesn't come home for bed.  Plus it is very odd to not get any text messages or IMs from him at all for days at a time.  That never happens, even when I am with him.  He will IM me from the other end of the couch.  He did send me an email though, telling me he missed me which is very nice.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is not the way to convince me to move to Chicago. Here I am, applying for jobs there and you're telling me that the weather is worse there than it is here? Fix it at once.

Also, ICELAND?!? What the hell is Sam doing there?

Heather K said...

Well, this summer was unusually mild (as in not so existant) but last winter was unusually harsh, like old people and lifelong Chicagoans comparing it to like 20 and 30 years ago winters that are famous for their badness. So yes, winter can and does suck here, BUT it looks like last winter and this coming one are not the norms.

Sam is in Iceland with his brother for vacation. They are enjoying the nightlife of Reykjavik and visitng the hometown of their great-grandfather, so I guess they are getting in touch with their roots or something.

Dropped At Birth said...

i love the "or something."

hahahaa

Heather K said...

Well, I don't know what the heck they are doing, although from what I have heard hitting the Reyjavik nightlife is mostly it.