Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random thoughts of the stressful day

So my CTA card came in the mail today.  Assuming it works when I try to use it, life is back to normal post wallet losing.
 
I get irrationally angry at people who stand on very full buses in the morning when there are seats available.  Ok I get it, you like to stand or you don't like the back of the bus that is up the little stairs, but sit your ass down anyway to ease the congestion at the front of the bus where there are considerably less things to hold on to.  Seriously sit the crap down.  You can stand back up as the bus empties out.  The only exception is if we are less than 2 city blocks from your stop.  Then standing is acceptable if you are keeping yourself close to the back door.
 
My ipod is on the fritz.  Of course it is because I gave my old one to someone else who didn't have one.  So of course mine decides to die.  Although I have BROADLY hinted to the boyfriend that an itouch would be the best Christmas present ever.  And it may just need to be re-whatevered to my itunes or take a little trip to the genius bar.
 
I have converted my boss to the wonders of ice cold liquor store soda.
 
The weather has made my coworkers extra whiny although it has somehow made some of the whiny ones quite grateful.  Weird.
 
Stress has subsided a little mostly because I think I cried it all out yesterday.  Also I feel much better about the memorization of my songs after rehearsing them.
 
Also back are the nightmares courtesy of my allergy meds.  And I would seriously stop taking them if they didn't make my nostrils and sinuses and head so stinking clear and if they weren't the only ones that do that.  Whatever is missing from the generic store versions is apparently what I need.

2 comments:

chrissy. said...

what do you use for allergies? i've been through claritin, zyrtec and bendryl.... and i still have pretty bad congestion. maybe i should just go the damn doctor.

Heather K said...

I use Claritin D. I can usually get by on regular Claritin (or Walitin), but when they get serious I need the Claritin D. However my congestion is primarily in the sinuses, and I don't really notice it until it is gone because it accumulates slowly and starts making me really sleepy and then I take some Claritin D and a day or so later I realize I can breathe into my head.

Benadryl is just an instant nap for me, I don't know if it works or not because I am asleep ALL the time. Zyrtec didn't really clear things up too much for me either.