Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's day

We stayed home and were lazy and cozy. Sam made a dinner of some strip steak marinated a la an Alton Bron recipe as well as a yummy 5 cheese homemade mac and cheese and an arugula, cabbage, carrot salad with Gorgonzola dressing. I made dessert which was a french silk pie (graham crust with a creamy chocolate mousse filling), and we had champagne and strawberries.

I got Sam a new wallet, some balloons and a plant delivered to his office (where the plant can continue to live), and two battery operated tshirts. One tshirt has a drumset on it that you can play and the other lights up to show the strength of the wireless networks near you. They are pretty sweet (and in a picture below).



Sam sent me flowers to work in a cute little silver cup (see in the picture below), a gift certificate to Sephora (yea make-up! and yea! Sam for coming up with this after having to go with me to pick something up there one time), and a little box from Tiffany's in which there was a little "h" necklace in sterling silver. I LOVE IT!! And my sister has a matching "n" necklace that I got her for Christmas.



3 comments:

Jim said...

together you spell "hn"!

Heather K said...

Exactly!

Anonymous said...

Goodness! What lovely presents you got for each other. And the dinner sounds marvelous.