Sunday, October 29, 2006

Random Street Sighting

Yesterday, of the ex-boyfriend. It was hilarious. We were driving down the street (my roommates and I) on our way to a wedding (Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Kristy and Mike Hayden), looking all fabulous, when Renee sees him come out of a building. Her immediate (and out loud response) is, "Oh my God!" which of course prompts Janna to say, "What!?". Since Renee couldn't come up with appropriately believable misdirection, she copped to seeing Patrick.

This is where it gets good. He is walking with ex-girlfriend/new girlfriend, and his parents or somebody's older people. I am sitting in the backseat as we creep down the street (due to traffic instead of curiosity) while they walk the same direction that we are going, and I am trying not to look or stare so there can be discomfort avoided if perchance he notices us in the car (except of course I take a good look at what she looks like). Janna and Renee are openly staring, and there response goes something like this, "Oh, she is not okay!" in reference to the girlfriend. Hilarious!!! I am laughing, they are gawking. Two guys walking down the street behind ex-boyfriend and entourage are noticing our staring and gawking. Very funny.

Then we went to the wedding and ate (some amazing fried chicken!) and drank a little and talked with friends and had wedding good timey-ness. But, I won't ever forget, "Oh, she is not okay." That one is tucked securely in the self-esteem bank. I love my roommates.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What did she look like?

BTW my name is Joann and I read your blog and some others but I don't have time to make one of my own.

Heather K said...

Oh, welcome JoAnn. She is has long dark brown almost black hair and is the kind of curvy that is creeping rapidly to chubby--probably is chubby.

Mostly she had her hair in a ponytail but the hair was ratty in a dreadlock sort of way that wasn't permanent but apparently on purpose (you know to fix the bad hair). It however created a whole new problem and fixed nothing.

Basically, she is the dream new girlfriend/ex-girlfriend because she is both fatter and less-attractive then me. That makes me so happy.

Anonymous said...

heather, i'd like to introduce you to patrick's new girlfriend, joann.
heather, joann; joann, heather.
my work here is done.

Anonymous said...

Ha, Ha, that's pretty good. No, I don't know Patrick and have never been to Chicago.

Joann

Heather K said...

I had that thought too! Could this be Patrick, or Patrick's ex/new girlfriend peering on my blog? I guess it could be, and I would never know, but that isn't what I am going to let my life be about. If he or she wants to torture themselves. feel free to go ahead.