Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Le Sigh

I have felt like fail a lot at the new job. Like no matter what I cannot seem to swing it all. Although it is not really as bad as that all sounds or seems. Mostly that is true because as a receptionist/girl friday/executive assistant I need to have an important skill set that includes really knowing what my boss would like, being able to read his scrawl/handwriting, and knowing more about what the heck happens at my new workplace. However, not been there long enough to really have the hang of those things. Getting better though, better all the time.

3 comments:

Jim said...

To try and relate ... in my new position as Food Avenue Team Leader (wank wank) I'm constantly overwhelmed by the expectations of my superiors and underwhelmed by the petty bickering and complaints of my "underlings". I'd just like to sit back and read sometimes. I want to do a good job, but they don't seem to make it easy. I don't know why I can't get ahead. I also don't know why I've decided to do my rambling here. Sorry. I honestly want you to be happy and successful in your job, even if all I've done is talk about myself.

Hi Sally.

Heather K said...

Sally, I recently explained to Jim ho I know you and who you are. He as curious.

Yeah I feel you, new jobs can be rough.

Anonymous said...

It's just a learning curve. It happens at every new job. You'll be fine.

Hi Jim.