Wednesday, December 03, 2008

My Christmas Tree


Or rather, Sam and my Christmas tree! This picture doesn't quite do it justice. There are LED lights on it, and lots of the ornaments are clear or transparent which not so much show up well in picture, but they look lovely on the tree! And there is a wreath on the door. Very nice indeed.

I am very proud of it. Most of the ornaments are Pier 1 (except for some plain glass balls from a value pack from Target.

There are the target balls, enormous prop glitter balls, teeny tiny mini tree balls, jingle bells, clear gems, transparent stars, these great transparent balls with diamond studs, a few long skinny glass ones, hand painted ones, beaded ones, to birds, a Spanish lady, and an Indian lady (sari and all). The garland is some big wired ribbon that I thought was really pretty at Home Depot where we bought this "slim" 7 and a half foot tall faker. Boy do we need a tree skirt! And a topper. Looking at my local Walgreens for that.

I feel like it is themed and coordinated while still being pretty eclectic which is what I was going for. Quite frankly the use of garland this year (which is new) is my favorite part, and even though the mini tree balls almost disappear they do an great job of filling in color and light. Yea Christmas!

5 comments:

-al said...

How many times can you say "balls" in one post?
Balls!

Anonymous said...

I miss decorating for Christmas. We haven't spent a single one at home since we moved here, and so haven't decorated since 2002. I haven't even opened the boxes in all that time, and I don't remember what's in them anymore.

Your tree is lovely.

Heather K said...

that would make it even more exciting to open them!

chrissy. said...

OMG HEATHER. your tree is so ornate and complicated and awesome.

Heather K said...

Awww, thanks Chrissy.