Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Snowpocalypse Now

Ummm, so if you have watched a weather report in the last day or so, you will be aware that Chicago is in the midst of a snowstorm (well Chicago and a lot of other places) that will move East to the coast and beyond--it's kind of Buzz Lightyear that way.

I have a plane flight book for 6pm tonight from Chicago to NYC.

Or rather I had.

Southwest cancelled all of its flights out of Midway today. Last night I rebooked for midday tomorrow, thinking hey yeah cool I will get there in time for the dinner with friends I have planned and I will stay until Sunday instead of Saturday.

Then they cancelled that one too.

Because it turns out that by that time I could totally get out of Midway, but I sure couldn't land at LaGuardia. I could rebook sometime in the next two weeks BUT I can't really get my schedule clear then, so my trip is cancelled. But Southwest is cool and lets me use this as a credit on further flights, and it was just a fun trip, so it isn't like I am missing some very important date specific event or anything.

Next I need to get a refund for the show tickets I bought for Friday's performance of A Lie of the Mind at The New Group. And resign myself to being here for the rest of the week. I have some ideas though. . .

5 comments:

Sally said...

Oh man, that sucks. I'm so sorry you're not going to be able to go after all. I know you were looking forward to it.

Heather K said...

What can you do? I mean I knew that weather problems were a very real possibility to planning a flight from Chicago to anywhere in February and the fact that it was to another place with wintry weather just sort of upped the probability.

Heather K said...

What can you do? I mean I knew that weather problems were a very real possibility to planning a flight from Chicago to anywhere in February and the fact that it was to another place with wintry weather just sort of upped the probability.

chrissy. said...

heather. do you and sam have any major out of town or unchangeable plans for maybe the week of april 11th through the 17th? i am thinking about getting out of dodge for a bit and joanna newsom is coming to chicago that week (i would like to see her play). do you think, If You're Not Otherwise Occupied that i could stay on your couch for that week? let me know, etc.

chrissy. said...

oh, and it can be like last time in that you wouldn't have to take time off or anything or babysit me or whatever. i can occupy myself while ya'll are at work, etc. i'll just get a metro card, you dig.