Monday, February 08, 2010

So, I kind of came RIDICULOUSLY close with my non-trad Superbowl pool

I am kind of tied for first.

Because here is what I predicted:

1) Winner and score: Sants 31-24 (it was 31-17 and seriously holy crap how did I do that?!)

2) MVP: Brees (yes)

3) Winner of the USA Today AdMeter of movie spots ONLY: Toy Story 3 was my pick and it didn't even have a commercial.

4) Number of shots of Pete Townsend doing the windmill: 3 (it was way more than three)

5) Over or under on Carrie Underwood's National Anthem being 1min42sec: I said over (it was).

Now, there is one other person who got as close as I did because we had identical choices except he had a higher score that was further off (31-28) and he said 6 on the windmills (which was still off but closer without going over).

On the blog that does this they are entertaining arguments for why my calling the score more closely might take the win over calling a higher number of windmills when the total of that was very high (higher even than the number called). The blog owner/pool host is inclined to call the windmills more important.

No comments: