Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I am a bougey pig and maybe a bad person

It is true. Because well, we are planning a trip to Spain this June/July for summer vacation. I am super excited about it, and it turns out some friends from here might join us (the fiancee's best friend and his girlfriend who I don't know very well but do think is awesome). And Yay! Right? Vacation with 4 people so much more fun than just two, and maybe I will fall into less travel related rage at Sam (he like dumps all his stuff into the suitcase willy nilly and fills it up to 80% capacity and then seems bewildered that I don't have enough room and that perhaps his packing strategy could use work and well very basic folding skills at the least).

And then we started talking about what to do plan etc. Where should we go? The Alhambra sounds neat. Maybe we want to pick like two or three places (like beach Spain and like 1 city in Spain and Alhambra in between) and just spend more time at each one and be a little more laid back and a little less bataan death march vacation about it. And then they asked us about housing, like what kind were we thinking of.

Here is where we hit a snafu. Because we thought oh great about them going with us because they both have more Sam type jobs than Heather type jobs and Sam and I were envisioning this being a stay in a decent if not pretty nice hotel vacation. Maybe split a room with two queen beds but like at a hotel. Like clean sheets, possible room service etc. And then they brought up couch swapping and hostels and I felt bad because I know that is how a lot of people (including for reals me if Sam wasn't the money man here) get through vacation. And I guess if that was all I could afford, this would be different, but we can all afford hotels! Or we should be able to. Or, this was our vacation first and we SOOOOOOO knew this would be a hotel vacation and not an other kind of vacation, so why are you trying to make my lovely vacation a college kid vacation. (See why I might be a bad person?)

I just wanna stay in a fluffy hotel bed. That is all I want. We are going to Spain not I don't know somewhere else.

1 comment:

RGC said...

Possible best of all worlds???

http://www.vrbo.com/