Tuesday, March 01, 2011

babies--my thoughts from the comment section of a friend's facebook page

I am in a middle ground.

My new baby niece is SO CUTE I WANT TO EAT HER*. And also looks like she could be my offspring (looks like her dad with red hair, I have red hair and he looks like the boy version of me). And she makes me want babies like I have never known I could want babies since I mostly think they are just fine over there where they don't get me damp or smelly and I cannot drop them or make them cry.

However then I look at my life and my wonderful but totally child inept fiancee (he is going to prove to me that he can win over toddlers and pre-verbals just by convincing them to do what he wants, PS our cat understands that he is the boss of the fiancee, so I cannot WAIT to see this experiment) and I think oh God if we raise kids together I am so going to be the meanie**. Also how will I ever get to sleep or be sick because I am scared of him being in charge of their care. Also, I hear loving babies so much you eat them is frowned upon.

*Kind of like how Margaret wanted to put her nano in her mouth when nanos were new.

**Yes I am worried that my hypothetical future children will not like me as much as their dad, shut up.

***The *'s are added to this blog and not the facebook post.

2 comments:

Jim said...

Okay, so, here's my question: To what degree do you want to have snack-babies? Is it just a general, "Oh, that's so cute, I want it like a garnish on my plate" or more of a "I am willing to suffer through days to make the meal that will result in my enjoyment of a small child."?

Heather K said...

The former. Or more likely grab a cute baby on the street and stuff it in my mouth.

Also I believe there is evidence that Jeanne Garafalo also is baby eating inclined as well. She opts against children as babies become teenagers and she wants no part of that.