Thursday, November 17, 2005

Freezing my ass off

That is what I have been doing all today. I waited for the bus in twenty degree weather this morning on the way to work and again tonight on the way home from the movies. It is mind-numbingly cold out there. I was one giant shiver. Fortunately the bus/trains all came soon today.

In movie news, I saw two films "Get Rich or Die Trying" and "In Her Shoes" because that is a combo you would normally expect from a girl like me. I realy liked in her shoes (I know, predictable--there was crying, I miss my sister) although the book was way better. I went to the other film because I was way early for Shoes and it was the best filler choice. Jim Sheridan directed it--he also directed "My Left Foot," "In the Name of the Father," "The Boxer," and "In America" all very Irish films because he is an Irishman. I was fascinated by the idea that he would direct this film (odd in that he didn't do the screenplay and it is in no way Irish). Anyway it was pretty good. Some of the acting was 'flaccid at best' and that was the main problem with it. Jim Sheridan knows struggle and poverty and gang violence--just the Irish version of it, but he gets it in a storytelling sense. Also it had the giant kid who knocked Josh down in the hallway on an election day episode of west wing (season three I believe)

No comments: