Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I have a kitten

He is adorable and lively and he seems to love me--altough we have only hung out for about two hours. He lives in my room right now. However, he does not have a name yet. Right now it is looking like he will be named Colonel Brandon, Steve McQueen, or Bobby. The first two are front runners. I am not sure whether to go for the more nicknameable one or the full name only cat name. Maybe tonight he will behave in a manner that makes it apparent he is one or the other (for example if I find him at home trying to jump a motorbike over a barbed wire fence, buying me a new pianforte, or whatnot).

The date went well. There was a good show (although the audience was full of the cast of the bad show I saw last month--weird!), with a beautiful final moment--it was lit very dimly for last scene and they pulled all the light slowly away except a candle on the lead who sang the last bit of the final song and then he blew it out (it was a real candle). Really nice (oh the show was Steven Sondheim's "Passion"). Anna Gasteyer was really good! Then we had a drink and some food, and I had a good time, and I think he did too, and then he saw me to the train station.

So, date two went a lot like date one, but better show, less drinking.

12 comments:

Robyn said...

ooh- Colonel Brandon!

Heather K said...

So far that is what everyone is voting for (my roommate, my boss). Although, then I realized it will be the second cat that I have named after a character in that novel (having had an Elinor for many, many years--she used to watcht that movie when it was on TV, like she understood it was about her, and she usually never paid any attention to the TV at all).

laurenj said...

I am so excited that you have a cat! Your life is going to change in magical, unexpected ways!

Heather K said...

Cat (and by cat at this point I really mean teeny kitten) is offically named Steve McQueen. I am sorry to all the Jane Austen fans out there, but he just isn't Colonel Brandon.

Steve McQueen is officially cool and kind of hyperactive and possibly a little self-destructive.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Sweetbabykitty! I kind of want another one myself, but that would violate our "only as many cats as we have hands" rule. It's a good one and has served us well so far.

Speaking of self-destructive, the one-eyed pirate cat is racing around the house like a fiend, litterally going halfway up walls occasionally. I wonder what Dave slipped into his food.

RGC said...

okay, since NO ONE commented on the date:

congrats on the good date! those are so fun. especially compared to bad dates or no dates. i hope that continues to go well for you.

but anyways, back to the cat:

i am soooooo happy for you!!! i love my kitty too. his name is knubs cuz he has a knub tail. he is an indoor cat, but if he were to be an outdoor cat you better believe that he would roll deep with his cat homies (do i get extra points for referencing someone else's blog in this comment?)

Jim said...

I'm guessing you came home and he was revving up the motorbike, wearing a white jumpsuit and helmet with the red and blue and stars, preparing to jump the couch through a ring of fire.

Heather K said...

Something like that. More constantly trying to jump/climb up and over a big floor pillow and falling back to the ground (however, was not shot by Nazis).

He also seems to be constantly plotting how to escape from my room in a manner that could be described as great.

Jim said...

Awesome. Hey, I need your new address. Send it to me!

macaela said...

Welcome back to kittyhood, make sure to post pictures! Also glad to hear the date went well. Check the bitchbarn board!

laurenj said...

I am so proud of rachel's "rolling deep" reference! As a note- it turns out that everyone in my life who is cooler than me knows what this phrase means, whereas people who are just-as-cool as me have no idea. Apparently this phrase can single-handedly identify a person's coolness...

Heather K said...

I still don't think I know what it means, so does that make us equally as cool? I would imagine that that is the case.