Friday, July 24, 2009

Vacationing

I will be.  Starting tomorrow.  After I have to be in the office at nine am for carpet cleaning.  Which I mostly don't have to do.  All I have to do is make sure they are thorough and stay off the clean bits.
 
But tomorrow, I fly to Denver for my first time out of the airport.  Sam and I are overnighting in a hotel somewhere with his whole family.  Then we all drive to a house in Vail--a house that may be enormous and who knows how opulent but I am guessing at least pretty damn nice.  I will try to take pictures, but I have to remember to dump my camera onto my computer first.  I will not be taking my computer.  I will be taking my Kindle and the itouch.  We will get back a week from tomorrow.
 
Here is the agenda for the vacay (which I am so ready for as I am way caught up at work and bored and it is Friday):
A concert in Breckenridge
Some tennis--like some me kind of learning how to play with Sam's fam that plays a lot
Some hiking
Some laying around on a lounge chair out side and reading books
Memorizing all my lines for the next episode of the Ville where I really get running for office
 
The books that will be going with me to be read (noted with an asterisk when they are on the Kindle):
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner*
Skipping Towards Gomorrah by Dan Savage
Take the Cannoli by Sara Vowell
How to Be Single by Liz Tucillo
The Importance of Being Married by Gemma Townley
Dish: the Inside Story on the World of Gossip by Jeannette Walls
Harriet and Isabella by Patricia O'Brien
A bunch of trashy romances something like 20 of them by various authors*
Script for season 3 episode 5 of the Ville*
 
Also going, David Sedaris recording of If You Are Engulfed in Flames
 
 
Biggest bummer about the Kindle, still have to get physical library books in order to curb ridiculous spending habits that would ensue if gave persmission to self to just download a library full to the Kindle.
 
 
 

4 comments:

Sally said...

Um, the base elevation at Vail is 8,022 feet, and it only goes up from there, so you might not be wanting to play that much tennis.

Be sure you drink lots of water while you're there. It helps with the altitude adjustment.

Margaret said...

The Kansas City Public library checks out e-books. Maybe your library does too?alticro

Heather K said...

Sally--so basically what you are saying is the lying prostrate reading books thing is a great plan because it will be about all I am able to do? I am fine with that.

Margaret--the Chicago Public Library does too, but the protections on it are such that I cannot crack how to put them on my Kindle. Put Donald on that (kidding, only if he wants to).

Jim said...

I like how How to Be Single is immediately followed by The Importance of Being Married. Have fun!