Tuesday, July 21, 2009

The weirdness of my Idaho life

So there is a kid from Idaho who was captured by the Taliban, and of course because this always happens to me, my friend Jared knows him.  They used to work together.  But when I heard where Bowe Bergdahl was from and how old he was I knew that there was a ridiculously good chance that Jared would know him.  They are from in and around Hailey, Idaho a small town in the Southern part of the state.  The really lovely part where Hollywood stars and rich people live, where Bruce Willis has his home.  I really hope that we get him home safe and soon.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
In a totally unrelated side note on Friday I ran into Chris and Sara waiting to go to a movie when I popped into the theatre to pick up pre-purchased tickets.  A few minutes before I ran into a fellow tri-citian and Vandal who now lives in Minneapolis on the street.  She is a youth leader there and was here with her students for a service project.  Because (vaguely related) this stuff always happens to me.

3 comments:

Sally said...

Who did you meet on the street?

I should check and see if Karl knows Bowe Bergdahl. He's from the Wood River Valley too.

Heather K said...

Her name was Joanna and she was a stage manager type who was a Freshman for just our first year and then transferred to another school, but she was one of our ASMs on Our Country's Good. I cannot remember her last name, but I knew her as a high school student in the Tri-Cities before she went to U of I.

Sally said...

You know, as much as those of us from the odd place that is Idaho try to resist it, when your state has a population of 1 million, you really do know pretty much everybody, at least by association.