Tuesday, December 01, 2009

I done lost my mind last night

Like I got a little frustrated with a little thing that should not have been a big deal and all of a sudden started yelling and freaking out about it.  In my head I knew that I was behaving totally incorrectly and very, very badly, but I couldn't get myself to stop.  And Sam found it partially funny and partially terrible behaviour (which I am SURE that it was), but he would giggle or argue with me, and it made me worse and worse.  I was like the Hulk and once you start turning green and Hulking out, you cannot stop it.  So finally after five-ish minutes of this, I attempted to ask him (but it defiinitely came out more as an order) to please not make any noise for fifteen minutes so I could calm back down.  This whole time I was yelling and I kept telling him that I couldn't stop it and that I knew I was out of control, but I couldn't stop.
 
About ten minutes later, I did calm down and then kept apologizing because I was such a jerk (I was going to write felt like a jerk, but I feel it was pretty clear that I straight up was a jerk).  He said it was fine because we did get it under control pretty swiftly.  Then he wondered what it was.
 
And I don't really know.  Although I strongly suspect it was the prescription medicine I take to keep my sinuses under control (because although saline works fine on the front ones most of the time, I tend to have a lot more trouble with my deepest sinuses while the front ones remain clear).  I don't take it super often or even everyday because it seems to be seriously hardcore, but it does say on the label that it may cause irritability and can cause mood swings.  I would guess that my snapping was clearly within those symptoms.
 
Super weird.

3 comments:

Jim said...

KINION SMASH!

Jim said...

What do you call the resulting geographical formation when Heather's fury is so awesome that it forms a crack in the Earth's tectonic plates?

The Kinion Canyon!

Sally said...

Wow. That would be kind of scary. To be either the yeller or the yellee, actually. I'm glad you were able to ratchet it back, and I hope you don't have to take the meds too often.