Thursday, March 18, 2010

Creativity and Exhaustion

I am taking a truly wonderful master class in solo performance (body based physical solo performance) from Tim Miller, one of the NEA 4, and it is the best class I have ever taken. The space is so safe that it makes everything possible and makes it possible to try everything and find what works without it being all judgy class favorite whatever.

Every class we have created some sort of physical performance piece and it is really rejuvenating my creativity all over the place, and I want to work really hard to keep it going after the class ends and into a few creative endeavors I want to start this summer--including applying for an artist in residence workshop thingy and a writing workshop that is most of a year long (well a writing for storytelling performance). Anyway, it is awesome, and I am super tired from it both physically (and sore also sore) and emotionally and I just want to curl up and pull the covers over my head at the end of class. Even though that sounds beaten down and bad, it isn't it is satisfied and sleepy like after a really good hike or day at the pool or waterslides.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Yes, yes and YES!

It's the best performance class I've ever taken too.