Thursday, March 11, 2010

Random Randomness

Here in Chicago, it no longer smells like winter--my friend Jamie pointed out yesterday as we wandered about in near 60 degree weather. This is awesome, and I don't think it has ever happened so early since I have lived here.

My very first quiltop and my very first kind of pieced quilt back were taken to the quilt store yesteday and in 4-6 weeks I will have a whole quilt. Well a whole quilt that needs to be bound. And binding is a step I need to learn still. Shrugs. And yes I forgot to take pictures (because I was finishing the back as like a race against time). Also the quilting stitch will be in fuschia thread on the predominately blue quilt and be stitched in a bubbly pattern.

Thursdays are almost harder days for me than Mondays. Because on Mondays I have usually two days of semi-laziness to build up to going back to work. On Thursdays I just have one day off. And I probably stayed up too late on Tuesday and often do too much on Wednesday (although yesterday involved a lot of wii playing including doing a lot of Sims2Castaway for Wii--which I should've figured when I was able to get my whole crew back together). So I am often over tired and want more rest or free time than I got.

OOOh, I also bought some lovely fabric to make a skirt that is from a tutorial by my friend Susan at the Freshly Picked Blog (just google freshly picked). Pics will come later after I get after it.

I also was interviewed on my favorite podcast. So if you listen to the last 25 minutes of the March 10, 2010 episode of TBTL (google TBTL and you can listen from the page or type TBTL in the itunes search bar), you will hear me, sounding kind of stupid. I say totally way too much.

1 comment:

Sally said...

And to think that I was there for nearly 2/3 of the events related in this post. Makes me feel semi-famous.