Thursday, January 19, 2006

Dude, he sent me flowers at work!

That was an exclamation point of astonishment not of excitement (although no lie, it is kind of exciting to get flowers delivered to you). This means that the date went well, I guess. I mean it did. It was a great restaurant, great food (Italian), and he is a fun guy, plus a whole bottle of red wine. Great first real date, and then he came back to my house for some conversation, and we had a nice goodbye, but it wasn't fantastic or incredible or anything--just plain old good.

But flowers? Seriously who does that? No one I know, I swear. Although the good news is they weren't scary flowers. By scary I mean the stalker, way too involved, crazy kind of flowers (an example would be a ridiculous amount of long stem roses for a person you have known less then a week). Instead they were cute, sweet flowers. He sent me maybe three dozen purplish-pink daisies in a vase. Nice, but not creepy. But who gets flowers like that anymore? Doesn't that only happen in movies? This is so far beyond what my brain is used to thinking of as normal that I don't even really know what to do, except smile. I guess I will just smile.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Glad that you had a good time, Heather. Whatcha gonna do for the next date?