Monday, June 16, 2008

The continuing saga of how god might actually hate me or alternately titled, "They call me Mrs. Job!" *

Seriously?  I mean really!
 
So last night after watching the Tony's on Tivo after work.  I realized that I needed to rush back to work part the second to activate the alarm which I had forgotten about when I left.  Please no spoilers on where I did this, I am probably in enough trouble.  The bad news is that I was not around the corner.  I was at Sam's--see post where we don't have electricity because god hates me--so I had to grab a cab there and back in the middle of the night. 
 
Last week I contemplated spending a day with my head under the covers in response to all of this.  It may actually HAVE to happen.  Next Saturday I actually have off, so I am going to pencil that in.  At some point Sam has to have dinner with his neighbors, so I will even be alone for part of it.  Yeah, that's right I am doing it at his house.  He has air conditioning which will make the covers part possible.  He also has cable which will make the being a lump part more enjoyable and there will be the possibilty of sex since he will be there a bed will be there.  Of course, if he nixes this part of the plan it will be in my room.  Assuming we have power then.  HA!
 
I just want things to be not terrible in my life.  And I do not think that is too much to ask.  I was just about to type something that was tempting or really taunting fate, and I am going to refrain from that.
 
I am going to go back to hoping I can get everything accomplished that I wanted today.  Le sigh people, le sigh.
 
 
*Name this movie reference if you dare, in the comments.  Yeah, I turned a post on my misery into a pop quiz.  I am trying to generate enjoyment anywhere I can get it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a clue about the movie reference, but I hope things get better soon. I'm sure they will.

Heather K said...

"They call me Mr. Tibbs!" Yeah I know that was like way too many mixed references at once. "In the Heat of the Night" kind of plus the Bible, Old Testament.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I was just now coming back to say, "In the Heat of the Night!" because I realized it rang a bell. Too late.

Dammit.