Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Resigned

Today I did that. At P1. I gave them my notice. My four week notice. Yeah, so okay that is a little more then you do, BUT we are in the middle of a remodel and it would be a really crappy thing to only give them two weeks notice because if I give them four they will have two whole people trained to do my job (well share my job). Anyway, I actually did quit. That is HUGE for me. I will probably go back for Christmas though (but my play will be done then, so really I will be filling a void). Things I am looking forward to: MOVIES!!!!!!! FREE TIME!!!!!! SEEING MY FRIENDS AGAIN!!!!!! MORE BLOGGING!!!!!! KITTEHS!!!!!!!

Yeah, this will rule. I am excited, even if there was some choking up going on as I told my manager.

OK. That is all. Although I guess that is kind of a lot.

3 comments:

Jim said...

It's great that you let them know so far in advance. Good for management, good for coworkers. And it leaves that door open so you can come back at Christmas. Way to go, Heather.

(Ha ha, I beat Sally to the positive post!)

Do you never quit jobs? Cuz you said this was "HUGE" for you ...

Heather K said...

Actually, I don't think I have ever quit a job except the Sharprint job (where I really ran screaming from it more than quitting). And it may have been hard for me to quit that one, if I had not had the exact right opening--which even still required a LOT of coaxing from others, some on this very blog.

I have moved away from jobs, so I just couldn't physically do them anymore. I have never left a job I could physically do just because. Although I grant that this was a big because.

Anonymous said...

Good for you. Balance is important. Having time for yourself is important.

I'm just now figuring this out myself, so I know what you mean. I won't be teaching one of my favorite classes next year because it was taking all of my time. But it broke my heart to make that decision.

And you didn't burn any bridges, so you can go back some day. That, too, is important.

Well done.