Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hilarity (at least from my perspective)

So, last night I went to a big event for Sam's work. It was a ton of fun. My hair cooperated despite the humidity, so I even looked nice and presentable. I talked to Sam's bosses and lots of coworkers (some I already knew, others I didn't). Several of them questioned me, at times in depth as to why Sam has not proposed to me yet and why weren't we living together. I found this hilarious as I know why on both counts. He just isn't there yet, and that is fine with me. But I found it really funny that everyone he works with is really intent on planning our wedding.

Dana, who is one of the employees in his division, apparently is on his case about it all the time. She says she is helping me, so who am I to stop her. She tells him it is very mean of him to make me pay rent at a place I never even stay. She tells him he needs to start saving up for a ring--she'll help him pick it out. She reminds him that his grandmother is 90 years old and asks him if he thinks she would want to see him get married before she dies which can't be long now. I think all of this is hilarious.

Less hilarious is the fact that he thinks we can't move in together because, "Girls have a LOT of stuff." Which I find hilarious because he has just as much stuff as I do. Although a talk about that this morning prompted two results. The first was that he cleaned out a shelf in the little chest of drawers/wardrobe combo in his bedroom, so I could put my clothes there. He also cleaned out some of the closet. The second was that on my key ring is now a key to Sam's apartment.

In other news, I am going to not move, and sign an 11 month lease with Azar. Which is cost effective and peace of mind effective. In related news, I told Sam that gives him a year before I actually move in with him. Literally one year from right now. I will also be living at his house for the next month until Renee moves out because Azar will be there too, and that is just too many people. Steve is moving to Sam's tomorrow. We are going litter box and litter shopping like in a few minutes when I wake him up from his nap. Yesterday was a long day for both of us. We both spent 9 hours at work and 9 hours at parties. This was excessive.

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Heather.

So, you say "He just isn't there yet" which prompts the question [i]are you?[/i]

Nice that you'll be living together for a month. Nice trial run and then you have a year to work out the kinks. If you should ever have a wedding ... what would it be like? Or maybe you've never thought about that.

Anonymous said...

Azar is moving to Chicago? Did you bribe her with access to your Art Institute pass?

Heather K said...

I am fine that Sam and I are not married, engaged or living together at this moment. I am also fine knowing that all of those things are down the road for us. Right now I would be more likely to move in with him for convenience. It would be cheaper and easier at this point, but I think that there should be a little time before we actually take that step (one year it looks like).

Sally--Azar starts grad school for a directing MFA at DePaul in two weeks. The main DePaul campus is three blocks from my house.