Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sam can just be so Sam.

His cable was digitized today, so if it was plugged into the wall or just into a tivo it would no longer work. Because of this he has been getting messages for months about how he needs to order a cable box if he doesn't have one. The first one free and any others cost like $5 a month or something. Finally this weekend (as he as complaining about it loudly and crankily--in part because he was convinced his cable would still work), I said I would call the number for him. I did, it took like a minute and a half. That was Saturday.

Today I come back to his house after work, and outside (where his lobby would be if his building wasn't being MAJORLY restored) are a bunch of RCN people giving out cable boxes to the appropriate customers. So his procrastination would have been rewarded, if I had not helped him out. I couldn't pick his box up since it is in the mail, arriving tomorrow. Also his cable does not work, absolutely, positively not work. This made him make some rather high pitched and cranky noises that conveyed his disbelief and displeasure with this situation. Never mind the fact that he is meeting me here where he will stop for five minutes before we catch a cab to a fundraiser for my theatre company. We won't be back to watch TV tonight. We won't be back until late, so late we will just go to bed. Tomorrow, he can get home and set up his brand new cable boxes.

Of course, his procrastination would be rewarded, of course it would.

1 comment:

Heather K said...

And now he can't get all the remotes and the tivo to all cooperate nicely.

However, that means I missed Project Runway this week. Fortunately, they are fond of reruns.