Saturday, November 14, 2009

NaNoWriMo Write-In

So at one now.

I like Cheetos and the Diet Pepsi.

But Pandora is letting me down big time. I guess I could just use my itunes. Sigh.

Umm, this novel and this NaNoWriMo may be doomed.

However, quilting is going much better. I learned how to take my cut out pieces of long skinny strips and make them into strip set, which next week will be trimmed up into blocks (or the last week that will happen) and then those blocks will get sewn together into the quilt top. Then it will need to be quilted and bound (edged). Here is a picture I took on my cell phone and tweeted last night.

5 comments:

Sally said...

It was a lot of fun sitting next to you. Thanks for being there. And congratulations on hitting 10K

Sally said...

I hope, by the way, that you finish the story, whether or not that takes 50,000 words. Because I want to read it. Your descriptions of the plot thus far have been awesome.

Jim said...

Finish the book, Heather! Screw the word count!

word verification: "dwoedsen" official rallying cry of people who want Heather to finish her book! Whoo! Dwoedsen!

Heather K said...

Thank you Jim and Sally, and Jim that is my plan. By end of November I will finish the first draft of this book and whatever is whatever on the word count.

Also I have the feeling that this is a decent book-certainly worth editing up.

Sally said...

Excellent! I really want to read your story.

I wish I felt like I was writing something worthwhile. There are good bits, interesting bits, but they don't feel like they lead to a remotely coherent whole.