Tuesday, November 10, 2009

WHAT?

Look at your calendar, do it now because Thanksgiving is two weeks and a couple of days away.  WHAT?  How is that possible?  I feel like the summer just happened.  I feel like I barely got to have summer (multiple trips in July alone never no mind).  I just do not even know what is going on.  This is ridiculous.  Just silly pants.
 
Plus I really want to put my Christmas tree up, and although I know that is a ridiculous thing to do.  It isn't really all that crazy.  I want to put it up before we go to Thanksgiving, so it will be all up and lovely when we get back without me having to spend all Sunday after it doing it (that trip is going to wipe us out thanks to stupid driving I-5 plan, don't ask).  This was kind of triggered by the Ville which plays Christmas songs in the preshow, and it makes me want my Christmas tree (especially because last weekend we bought a tree topper from Crate & Barrel).  But then the more I thought about it I realized that it isn't all THAT soon to put it up yet.  Like next week I could put it up and it would only be about a week early.  WHAT?  Ridiculous. 
 
So next week I will be putting up my lovely Christmas tree!!

4 comments:

Sally said...

Dammit. The Christmas tree. We finally have a good one and I forgot to pack it in the truck to move here. Not that there's anyplace to store it. But still, we'll be here for Christmas. I don't want to buy ANOTHER tree. And I only remembered we had this one when I read your entry.

I wonder if Dave could check it as luggage when he comes...

Heather K said...

If it is in a box, he could maybe ship it now?

Heather K said...

Also until about a month before you got here I had two Christmas trees, one at my apartment and one at Sam's. The apartment one was pretty Charlie Brown-ish tree, but it went to Goodwill.

Sally said...

He'd have to ship the tree and all of the ornaments... I can't believe I forgot all that stuff. I mean, I CAN believe it. Last summer was a beast, and I was only thinking about getting everything I would need here. Christmas wasn't even on my radar.

The thing that sucks is that we got such a great deal on this tree and it looks really good for a fake AND it's wired for lighting, so we don't have to string any.

Oh well. I guess it will be a small tabletop tree for us this year and some cheap lights and handmade ornaments.