Friday, November 06, 2009

Shooting for 5,000 tonight

There is a write in downtown, and my friend Sally is at it, but I just didn't feel like seeing people. There is a large mug of peppermint tea steeping on a coaster next to me. I have had some root beer and some clementine izze.

The cat keeps alternately attacking and licking my toes.

I am at two and a half right now, so if I can get to 5k before I head to bed I will be well on my way to reasonably catching up.

Then I have quilting homework. But it mostly is just to set things out and have them ready for when we do the quilting quilting later.

6 comments:

Jim said...

wow, way to go heather. for someone who was hesitant to join in, you're doing great.

what is a "write"?

word verification: "gizinsil" - you don't want to know

Sally said...

Jim, Heather's talking about a write-in. It's when a bunch of WriMos meet to work on their novels. There's usually an ML (or two) there with swag and motivational tips. They have them all over.

Here in Chicago there are at least two a day in various parts of the city. I was at one tonight until my laptop battery died. I got a sticker. And a button, for having donated.

But if you're doing NaNo, you should be getting emails from your ML about all this. So please forgive me if I've been yammering on about stuff you already know.


Verifier: poorap. I kid you not.

Jim said...

Hey, thanks, Sally! A little searching and I found them. I guess I'm not signed up or something.

Heather K said...

Poorap!!! hahahahahahahha!!!

Yeah I was not getting them for a while until I picked a home region.

Heather K said...

F that. I got three and then I got tired.

Heather K said...

I am going to point out that this was for my total word count, so really last night I wrote about 1k.

Yeah.