Friday, September 15, 2006

I need to light a fire under it

Next weeks, I am going to research like crazy and pursue theatre education here in Chicago. I am going to research some companies to see what their theatre ed programs are like and then I am going to volunteer (or seek paid positions) and make myself an expert on theatre education (obviously this is the beginnings of a long term plan. but that is what it is. I don't really feel like acting that much anymore, but I miss teaching the kiddies. I would love to work with them. Creating myself a niche in teaching children's theatre is a totally fascinating thing to me.

Now, I don't want to do crap theatre for kids. I am serious about educating and engaging them in productive quality (emphasize QUALITY) productions. I am serious about treating children of all ages intelligently and being serious about creating engaging entertainment for youth, hopefully it can also be educational but not hit you over the head with a hammer in anyway. Yeah, so that is my plan.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Do it! :)