Friday, September 01, 2006

I was useful this much today

I did get a pinch done. I used the wonders of the internet to schedule the turning off/closing out of my gas and electric at the old apartment (yes, I know that I am a little bit late in getting to that, but whatever). I also paid my electric bill there and at the new place, and I still have money left in my account which I don't fully understand, but I guess I have been better at sticking to my budget then I thought or something.

All this and I am still in my pajamas because days off rule. I needed today off hardcore because I was whupped, and this is the first day off that I have had in a while that I actually didn't have stuff planned for. Granted some of the 'stuff' I refer to was way fun like hanging out with my friends who just moved here and meeting up with old friends from high school and entertaining hardcore bands who sleep on my floor, but it was good to have a for real break. Sleeping was necessary. Now room cleaning looks like it will be necessary and maybe I will find the charger to my old cell phone so that I can get an alarm clock with a snooze button again.

The snooze button seems to actually be important to my life. I enjoy the half-awake, half-asleep time that you have when you push it. I revel in it. It takes on a golden pink haze in my life, and when I have an alarm that only rings once, I lose all of that, and I miss it. I also end up going back to sleep and not getting up in time. Snooze is my friend. All hail snooze!

2 comments:

Jim said...

As Mike and Chrissy and Laura can attest, I too worship the snooze. When I can, I hold ceremony every 9 minutes before getting up for several hours.

Heather K said...

Oh me too. I usually need at least an hour of snooze in order to begin thinking about getting up.