Thursday, January 31, 2008

Better

Today I was pretty good. Only a couple of really atrocious coughing fits. My biggest problem was the weather. It was snowing this afternoon, quite badly. I waited 30+ minutes for the bus, and then it took 30+ minutes to go what usually takes it 25 minutes tops, so I was late for Pier 1. However, since there was a storm, it was ok. But the weather meant I didn't get dinner, so at 9:30pm as we were closing up I was feeling faint having subsisted the entire day on a granola bar (or 2 depending on how you count the ones that come in the green package), a smallish microwave dinner, a few squares of dark chocolate with caramel candy bar, and a lot of peppermint tea with sugar. Yeah, 14 hours on only that. Whoops!

Anyway, potbelly's to the rescue after work and my coworker Lynn's offer of some peanuts. Holy crap was I starved. Tomorrow and Monday, I will have to rethink the meal options between job one and job two.

Oh the weather was snowy, but much, much warmer, like almost freezing! It is sick to think that that is warm.

Oh and Sally, I hear from my brother they actually closed school out there for this storm? It must be one huge storm!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes. Closed school. Snowed until about noon and then occasionally throughout the day, including blizzardish for about an hour around 5pm. But then I got drunk, and who knows what happened after about 8pm. Dave (the sober one) tells me it's snowing again now.

Campus is closed tomorrow too. Today was the first UI snow-related closure in over ten years.