Wednesday, January 02, 2008

New Years=nap time

Well I had a very busy weekend that was supposed to be relaxing and calm. Whoops!

Sam and I went out to Howl at the Moon Saturday night after going out to dinner too (I think). We were just going to stay for a tiny bit because we were kind of tired and we shouldn't stay long, so we stayed for four hours and were kind of blitzed on whiskey and coke (him) and raspberry vodka and sprite (me).

Sunday Mary Hotter was in town and we went out for pizza with Anna and Branson (where we got inexplicably cheap pitchers of fat tire). Also apparently I have taken to calling Anna and Branson Branna. So there is that. Then we all went back to my house where Chris joined us and we drank until 3am for no good reason except that it was awesome.

Monday we got up and Mary and I went with her friend Derek to get mani-pedis. Sam prepped for his party where it seems like everyone I know ended up for the night. It was a great time. I got to meet some more Sam friends, there was a great deal of champagne drunk, there were fireworks at midnight, and at about 1:30am I decided I needed to puke or nap and chose napping. People came to ask me what I was doing, and I answered rather petulantly, "Sleeping!" because, well duh. It was good fun, good alcohol, general good time with lots of people I love and care about.

Then Sam and I just hung out for most of new year's day. We watched a lot of My Super Sweet 16, and Sam finds it hilarious how indignant I get about some of the bitchy teens on that show. We ate at the place called flat top grill where you sort of make your own stir fry (like a fancier Mongolian Bar-b-q place). The food was delicious!!! Basically, this was a good, good weekend, but I wanted it to be calmer--less going out and getting wasted I guess.

4 comments:

Jim said...

I got indignant about my Super Sweet 16, also. My parents got me the pink Ferrari, when I totally wanted the white one with sparkles! I mean, c'mon!

Heather K said...

I really get crazier and crazier as I watch more and more of them in a row and it was a marathon!! Sam just laughed harder and harder at me.

I think I just had some friends over for my super sweet 16--it was super sweet, but I bet it cost less than $100 and most of that went to soda and chips.

Anonymous said...

There used to be a Flat Top Grill out my way, but it's now closed.

Does yours offer the "horny monkey" drink?

If so, you should get one.

Heather K said...

It did in fact offer that drink, but I got an asian pear ginger martini which was fantastic!!!!!