Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Home sick and watching movies

I did go to work for the first part of the day. I got all of the basic stuff done that I needed and then headed home. My head and body just felt icky and I couldn't stop coughing, so here I am on the couch with "The Way We Were." When I first saw this movie, I was convinced that I was Katie--isn't every girl who watches it. I think I have even dated some Hubbell's, but the thing about real life Hubbell's is that they aren't as good and kind and perfect as the character Robert Redford plays. They are messier, messier like Katie who really isn't all that messy.

Watching it now--way, way after high school (or undergrad--sometime in that time span is when I first saw it, before I had ever dated anyone at all), I don't really see as much Katie in my current self as I did then. Neither of us can seem to shut up and our mouths can get us in trouble, but I am not quite the angry, force of nature she is. I'm pretty sure I am my own force of nature, but not like Katie.

No comments: