Thursday, January 24, 2008

A week

A very busy and not busy and uneventful week where I swear I did stuff but I sure can't remember what.

There was much sleeping in to recover from the brother visit because woowee did we drink and have fun. The Friday night I went out with friends and had the worst waiter in history (while Sam was in Virginia visiting a friend from high school).

Saturday and Sunday were consumed by season 4 of the Wire which I watched while swaddled in anything on earth that would make me feel a little bit warm because it is fucking freezing here in Chicago. The temperature right now even is not a positive number BEFORE you factor in the 10 mile an hour winds which make it colder. Yeah, nothing happened this weekend except work. It was too cold to move.

Sam came back Sunday, and I informed him I was sleeping over at his house because it is warmer. His buildings heat works really well, possibly too well, but I prefer that over the heat at my house which actually works fine, the main problem is that my room used to be outside in a porch and now it is inside and not really insulated well enough for not a porch. I needed to sleep at the warm house. He didn't mind though--turns out he might like me.

Monday was a nothing day. Tuesday I got in trouble at work for things that were not my fault by the person who's fault it actually was, but since he owns the company it turns out he gets to do that. Sam was going to make me dinner as a comfort, but he accidentally made a bottle of bar-b-que sauce fall off a shelf and explode all over his kitchen and dinner, so we ended up having to go out. Which was good, it just was awful cold to walk up the block for food.

Lake Michigan is freezing over, and I would take a picture some morning, but that would mean stopping in the cold and using cold fingers to take it, and well did I mention how flipping cold it is? Frozen Lake Michigan is pretty sweet.

Last night I ventured out again to a fundraiser for Jon, Chris, Sara, Luke, Branson, and Turpin's theatre project/company. I drank some, introduced Sam to the rest of the Idaho in Chicago gang (who were all together for the very first time ever!!!!!--this exact group anyway), and sang some karaoke. I did a duet with Chris Plummer on our song (Cruisin'), a duet with Anna on Dixie Chicks "Sin Wagon," Jamie made all the Chorus Line types sing "What I Did for Love" because she is cruel and unusual, and then I sang "The Shoop Shoop Song" all by my lonesome.

And yet it feels like nothing happened. Except it turns out I did something dumb with my finances which I am in the process of fixing. Blech.

Tomorrow I see Holly Harper and maybe Emily Gann-Korff, and they meet Sam.

4 comments:

Jim said...

"He didn't mind though--turns out he might like me." -Awww.

"a duet with Anna on Dixie Chicks 'Sin Wagon'" -Great song.

Hey, I've been rewatching the first season of How I Met Your Mother, and I find myself wondering what I'm always wondering: Who will Ted end up with? I'm voting for Victoria. Thoughts?

Heather K said...

Well, actually the creators of the show have made it very clear that the show is about Ted growing to be the person he will have to be to meet "mother," and therefore he does not know mother, and she is not one of the stories. Although as you watch seasons 1-3 they do give you clues about who she will be.

Ummmm, I totally love that show. One of my two TV husbands is on it. I heart Marshall. Don't worry Sam knows about my tv husbands. I don't think he is worried though, since they aren't actual people.

Jim said...

So it can't be Victoria? And who are your other TV husbands? You're like some sort of imaginary polygamist.

Heather K said...

My other tv husband is pretty nerd from "Criminal Minds" also known as Dr. Oliver Spencer Reid.