Thursday, February 07, 2008

Sheets

There aren't any on my bed right now because I took them off to put them in the laundry pick up for this morning, and since I thought there was a big possibility I was going to end up in Sam's bed tonight (because I was going to go downtown and see Erin before she leaves tomorrow and Sam's bed is just a little north of downtown) I just didn't put any back on. But I am home tonight since Erin is not downtown, so after Pier 1 I was just going to go to bed. Now I have to put them on. Boooooo. I don't like that story.

So I was listening to an episode of the Savage Love podcast (audio version of his advice column that appears in alternative weeklys everywhere), and it made me think today. Mostly, it made me think about what a whiny pain in the ass I have been in my past. I mean, could I shut up about a couple of my past would-be/wish-it-could-be relationships? Obviously not. How were some of you still my friends through my whining and vacillating and endless hypothesizing? Why did no one literally smack me in the mouth? I so obviously needed it. Anyway, belated apology for all who lived through Clowngate and The tragedy of Luke parts 1 and/or 2, hell even all the way back to the Jesus Boy fallout (which was mostly pre-blog). Please, if I am ever that damn stupid again please tell me. I obviously knew that things were not going to go the way I wanted or that I was not going to step up, and so did everyone who had to listen to me. Thank you for being patient, kind, good friends, and I am sorry to have so abused my friendship privileges.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You didn't abuse any friendship privileges. That's part of being friends; loving you anyway, even when you're being silly.

SPEAKing of Savage Love, Mr. Savage Love himself is speaking on campus on Tuesday and I get to be the person who introduces him. I am a lot nervous.

Heather K said...

SHUT UP!!!!! I am so jealous!

And I am glad I am forgieable if not too terrible.