Thursday, February 28, 2008

They are stealing my team

Some rich, oil baron Oklahomans are trying to steal my Sonics. Well as they actually own them, they effectively have already stolen them. Now they are trying to wreck them so no one will care when they move them to Oklahoma City--because the Oklahoma City Sonics has such a great ring to it.

OK, now true I do not really care about sports, but the only time I ever cared so much for a team that I prayed for them--these guys were it. I loved Gary Payton, I loved Shawn Kemp, I was wiling to start a religion whose Deity was Nate MacMillan. And, no really, once upon a time those guys could play basketball and 2/3 of them seemed like actual gentleman and statesman and the other third was just youthfully brash. Now, well, that may not seem true, but back in my youth it was true. And they were good! They were great! In the early 90's they posted the best season record of any team ever!! And they did it by smashing the old record, smashing it! It was awesome. Of course a few seasons later their record was knocked off by a little team called the Chicago Bulls because it turns out they had a pretty good run in the 90's. Turns out.

BUT THEY ARE STEALING MY BABIES!!!!! I might not care about sports much anymore, but this is ridiculous. I disapprove. Sam is going to hear about this on our trip tomorrow. He is from Oklahoma. He might need to apologize for his whole state.

Oh yeah, I am going to Buffalo tomorrow for the weekend for a wedding. I will tell you all about it later. After the weekend.

2 comments:

Jim said...

I can tell that years from now this will be the point of bitter discontent in your relationship with Sam.

Heather K said...

Tee hee! Well, he has taken the position that he has nothing to do with it because the people of Tulsa try to pretend that Oklahoma City doesn't exist.