Sunday, April 13, 2008

Countdown to NYC

So, off I go to NYC on Friday. I am excited. I am not sure exactly what I would like to do while there; Sam and I are going to discuss this tonight over dinner--his meatloaf made with cornbread and peppers, also I would imagine it will include wine and probably cheese and crackers.

I think my boyfriend is wonderful--which is good because if I didn't I would imagine he would be a poor choice for a boyfriend for me--but every time I try and tell him that he is wonderful he gets all embarassed because I don't think he thinks he does anything above and beyond what just normal people would do. He thinks trips to NYC and all sorts of spoiling me are just nice boyfriendly things to do, that just every boyfriend would do that. The most wonderful thing about him is that he truly believes this is normal. That he isn't doing anything extra or above and beyond. That generosity of spirit is where he starts from is what makes him so very extraordinary not just as a boyfriend but as a human being.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having someone who thinks they are lucky to have you is the very best. In that way, it sounds like you're both winners.

-al said...

Your boyfriend's making the rest of us look bad. He needs to take it down a notch.
If he wants to fly you East for a weekend, it should be to Toledo, OH, not New York City.

Jim said...

I notice he's been promoted from "really great boy" to "best boy." Way to climb that corporate ladder, Sam!

Anonymous said...

::grumblegrumblejealousgrumblenotfairgrumblebethecuddlesgrumble::