Tuesday, March 03, 2009

My Trip, Segment One

Okay, so I blogged not at all because I had wifi about that much over the course of the trip which was basically really, really great (even though I was kind of concerned that it would go over like a lead balloon since Sam had already met most of those people in my family and it was almost seemingly a pointless expensive trip—well not so expensive, mostly just the tickets). The plan is to over this week blog about the trip in segments and maybe even add some pictures (because I did take some), so here I go. . .

Segment one: Seattle and Dan (Sam’s baby brother not mine)

We left on Saturday, but in the afternoon and as it spent the morning starting to snow more and more on the snow that had already fallen the night before I kind of worried that we would be WAY delayed or cancelled and that was NOT how I wanted to start my vacation that I was forcing Sam to take with me. But here in Chicago we don’t let a little snow get us down, so we took off and only a pinch late because the plane that we were taking was a pinch late in the landing.

The flight it self was long and uneventful and we landed just fine and dandy in SeaTac. Sam’s little brother was there to pick us up. Then we headed out to dinner at a GREAT restaurant called “Wild Ginger” which I would HIGHLY recommend (and on the bus we took to get there we passed KIRO and the TBTL haunted Azteca which got me VERY excited). After dinner we went around the corner to the Musicquarium at the Triple Door and heard some blues, and it was a good, good night where we were joined by a work contact of Sam’s. The next day we hung around kind of lamely, but I went out with my cousin Stephanie shopping, and then we hit Ivar’s for dinner. Also somewhere in there I creamed Sam and his brother at Xbox 360 Scene it.

Monday morning we got up earlyish and got in the car for Segment two: Oregon, Oregon, everywhere with a baby and some white pheasants. . . To Be Continued . . .

3 comments:

Jim said...

What was so great about Wild Ginger? And why is it called the Musicquarium?

Heather K said...

Wild Ginger is a Thai place that just has really delicious kind of upscale thai food. Yummy! And we even ordered some weird shit since Sam's brother thinks that he is a foodie. Like really delicious whole bok choys in a garlic sauce, this delicious curry that was over sweet potatoes and root vegetables, this crazy tender and well marinated beef dish. Really tasty.

The Musicquarium is like the little bar/lounge area tacked onto the front of a music venue. You know, there is the place further back which has more space and a more traditional stage-ish feel. The Musicquarium is a lounge-y bar with ample space for a band to play and it also has light installations along the walls that make it seem like waves or underwater, the color scheme is blue, and there is a giant real aquarium with fish that makes up the wall between where you line up to go to the Triple Door and the bar itself.

Jim said...

That sounds great. I'd love to hang out at places like that.