Thursday, March 05, 2009

So, pause before more vacay blogging

I have had rehearsal all week, really long ones where we block giant scenes that I am on stage for virtually the entire time.  The good news that is basically most of what I do in this episode, so I don't have a whole lot more to do rehearsal wise for a bit.
 
Tonight I need to catch up on unpacking, paying bills that come due at the beginning of the month, and seeing my boyfriend who wakes up way after me and is basically already asleep when I get back from rehearsals and no of course it does not make me bitter that he gets to sleep way more than I do when I am totally exhausted.  Except that oh yes it does.  Oh yes it does.
 
In a side note, I have a potential opportunity this summer to do a solo performance, and I have been toying with ideas of what to do/brainstorming, and right now the front runner is a piece on my obsession with Henry Rollins and like the causes of it that would sort of revolve around the fact that he was the scariest man I could come up with who was also smart and attractive and vaguely approachable (you know except for the part where I do not know him), and therefore in my mind was the perfect man because he was smart and attractive and WAY scarier than I was so of course we would be perfect for eachother because there is no way he would be scared of me. 
 
Obviously it would be longer than that paragraph.  Also, I was thinking that in order to convey who he was to the audience I should have like a scary looking photo of him and maybe play a snippet of his music (of the yelly punk 80's variety).  I think this could work.  What do you my loyal readers think?

5 comments:

-al said...

I think it's a great idea. I also think that you should do it in the style of a Steve Jobs Keynote address, with the slide presentation, the music and lights. And, of course, jeans and a black turtleneck.
Almost as if you're pitching the idea to Henry Rollins' people.

Anonymous said...

I think you should postpone everything else in your life and write about MEMEMEMEMEMEMEME and the part of the vacation where you slept in our basement and got to hear AMAZING music.

Oh.

You mean what do I think about the Henry Rollins thing?

I think it should be longer than a paragaraph, but I'd need to read/hear/see more before making any other kinds of comments on it. Is it a sort of "Why Henry Rollins Should Date Me" kind of approach?

Heather K said...

Ok, turns out I hadn't thought it through as far as either of those suggestions, bu suggestions like that are making me think about it in just the right way.

I will get back to this. I also plan to blog on another segment later tonight (the middle one) and this weekend on another one or two more.

Jim said...

I see you on a dark stage with a giant black and white picture of henry rollins over your right shoulder. It is full on his face and he is screaming. That's just me, though.

I like the paragraph. I'd like to see what more comes from this. I'd like to read it.

Anonymous said...

I hope this extension of your blogging pause isn't due to vomiting. I only mention that because Dave & I spent the weekend with a stomach bug that couldn't have been food poisoning because we hadn't eaten at the same places for two straight days. And by my calculations, exposure would have happened during Jazz Fest. Hopefully you're all barf-free at the Casa de Sam and Heather. And if you have been, you're probably okay and avoided whatever it was we caught.