Thursday, August 06, 2009

My cold is diminishing

Thank the good lord!  It is so nice to feel kind of clear.  After many days of feeling gooey and stuffy, I can mostly breathe again.
 
Last night I made chicken tacos and a peach tomato salad for dinner.  Both were very good!  The peach tomato salad was easy and from the New York Times.  Cut wedges of peaches and wedges of tomatoes add slivers of red onion, some red pepper flakes, cilantro, and dress with olive oil or lemon juice (I did olive oil).  It was soooo yummy and beautfiul and we have some left over for today for an after work snack.
 
I find myself checking my email compulsively to see if they sent me an email about picking up the ring.
 
I also still haven't told anyone at work.  Is that weird.  I just am not like close friends with any of them, and other than Patrick I would just feel weird if they got all excited.  Plus I feel stupid without the ring, and I have an intense desire to just show up one day with the ring and see who notices.  I mean, I am very happy and I want to marry Sam, but it feels so weird to tell people about the engagement.  Like I don't really need to announce it.  I have announced it to the people I want to announce it to and going further just seems weird.  Like digging for compliments.  Like saying you think you are really fat or really ugly around your best girlfriends who are never going to agree with you even if you weigh 900 pounds and are the elephant man.  I just have told all the people that i want to mean to tell.  Other people can or cannot find out and it is kind of immaterial.  I mean we haven't even started planning a wedding yet.  There is plenty of time.
 
 

3 comments:

Heather K said...

Also Amazon convinced me to buy the first two seasons of mad men and I am going to put the 3rd one on the Tivo. Whoops. Like when am I going to have time for this?

Jim said...

I'd say if you aren't interested in bragging about the engagement it just shows that it's not the occasion that matters but Sam and being with him and all that romantic junk. And that's the news you actually want to share with the people that will understand it.

Sally said...

Another friend of mine who lives on Vashon Island was just in Breckenridge last week and is recovering from what she describes as "altitude bronchitis." Maybe that's what you've had?

I'm glad you're feeling better.