Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Post cold drainage

It leaves me with the grossest morning feeling and just a pinch of congestion all day.  This leads to a general uncomfortableness.
 
Also my hours are probably going to be upped at work, which is kind of sucky and not.  Not sucky because I am paid hourly and if my hours go up I will get paid more but sucky because I like not having that many hours.  I like my afternoons and freedom and it is worth the drop in pay.  And if they go up it is likely I will start hunting for something else to do.  Just because I like this job a whole lot less for every hour over thirtyfive hours a week that it makes me do.
 
On the happy front, I got my engagement ring yesterday afternoon.  It is beautiful and very green and a lot more ring than I am used to wearing as well as freaking me out because it is a lot more possession than I am used to having.  I keep seeing me wearing all the possessions I have that would equal it on my finger which is bizarre.
 
Also Sam's mother, my sister, and my mother are all planning our wedding for us already.  I am not sure that is the best idea.  It is already stressing me out and I haven't planned anything yet.  We haven't set a date.  At the very least Sam and I are making it to his 90 days mark which is still a few months away.  I can't handle weddings.  Although his parents said they will pay the deposit for us to reserve our space, if we have it picked out in order to get things started because we will likely have to reserve it way in advance.
 
AUGHHHH!!!  My friend Heather (Yellow Heather) always advised me to elope with an orphan.  I already wish I had.

4 comments:

-al said...

Do it in Vegas. Little Chapel of the flowers

Dropped At Birth said...

i'm still cracking up over "I keep seeing me wearing all the possessions I have that would equal it on my finger which is bizarre."

omg. classic.

Heather K said...

seriously though Jenny! I dont even have a car and even if I did it would still probably need to be filled with more of my stuff.

Sally said...

I still look at my engagement ring every so often and think about all of the money I'm wearing on that finger. It's strange.

Don't let other people's wants/desires/expectations get in the way of YOUR wants/desires/expectations for your wedding. Which is difficult, but it has to be what YOU two want. Tell them all to back off or you WILL elope and they won't even get to see pictures. And then proceed at your own pace. Because that's what you need to do.

verifier: roary
Clearly what I'm feeling today. Also what I'm advocating you be.