Monday, August 31, 2009

Foodie much?

In the last few weeks I have made reservations for weeks in advance at restaurants.  The first time was last week I made a reservation at Graham Elliot for Sam's parents and us because they are only here for a weekend, and I think they will really like this place AND it has a decent amount of dairy-free options for his mom.  Plus it is not what you are going to get in Tulsa (and as a bonus the head chef was in the early round of Top Chef Masters and has done Iron Chef America).  But I only did it in advance so we could for sure get in and not want to go to some good restaurant and not be left disappointed and going someplace we just settled for.
 
Today I made two different reservations (one that I am going to cancel) at Topolobampo for the end of September.  Because I want the Top Chef Masters winning tasting menu.  I WANT IT!  There is a mole there that just makes me crazy with wanting. WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT WANT.  I will now get.  On the last day of September.  I initially made reservation for the 29th (because if we wanted to eat before 9:00pm, that is how long you had to wait on opentable), but then one of the people intending to go with us told me Tuesdays were a no-go, so I did Wednesday.  I can't wait!

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm so glad I know other people who dream and fantasize about food. I feel like so much less of a freak.

Heather K said...

If you would like some suggestions of the bestest food experiences across a pretty decent swath of price points for when someone comes to visit you, I can step up to that challenge.

See you tomorrow!