Tuesday, October 06, 2009

Kitty searching

So, Sam and I have been discussing about the idea of getting a new cat for a while. Obviously we will keep the old one, but we wondered if he might be less of an asshole if he had a buddy. Although he never seemed to be very close friends with his old buddy (but that one wasn't very fun). So we were looking for some kitty with spunk, front declaw (or the permission to front declaw them), preferably female, who would love us and steve and let steve love her (or him).

We think we have found one. I am not going to say more because we have initiated a conversation with the owner/adopter/etc of this lovely little kitty lady. Depending on how that goes, we will go meet her, and then we maybe will bring her home to love her.

3 comments:

Heather K said...

Ok, we did not find her. This cat was a lot older than it seemed and upon speaking with the person who was adopting her out, she would definitely not be a match for our Steve.

However, she is going to hook us up with a woman here who fosters/shelters declawed cats for adoption because apparently that isn't very desirable for most people searching for cats and it is very high on our priority list. So, we shall see updates to come.

Sally said...

How wonderful! I hope you find another beastie to bring home and love.

Don't expect it to be love at first sight on Steve's side, though. I've discovered that if you act like it's absolutely normal, "What? That cat has always been here," they'll usually get over it in a few days, a couple of weeks, tops.

Jim said...

The first time I tried to get a friend for Wash it was this white, long-haired thing that wanted to sit on my lap all the time and ended up making Wash sick because she had an upper respiratory tract infection. She went a-way.

The second friend for Wash was Ali, my ex's cat, who had nervousness encoded into his DNA. He ended up hiding in the garage all the time.

For me, getting a second cat is like skiing. I think it's a good idea and then I find out it's not and then, after enough time passes, I start to think it'd be a good idea again.

If I ever do get a second cat again, which'll be when I find one sitting on top of the car waiting for me one morning, I won't expect them to be best friends. I'll just hope the new addition doesn't want too much attention or spend all the time hiding.